Monday, June 21, 2010

T.I.A

After 29hours in transit( Chicago- D.C- Bamako (Senegal)-Johannesburg- Gaborone) we finally made it. We got in on the 16th of June which is a public holiday here ( National Youth Day- in remembrance of the Sharpeville Massacres). The airport was buzzing literally with vuvuzelas blaring as soon as you cleared immigration. There are so many people here and everyone is ready for the World Cup. We made the connecting flight to Gaborone (barely) and arrived in Gabs in time for the daily power outages. ( Since the WC started, some parts of Botswana have been losing electricity, on a daily basis. T.IA).
Adele got to meet the rest of her family in candlelight ! My mothers were both very excited and I don't think she breathes without one of my moms checking on her.
By the time the power came back ( after about an hour), Ru was enjoying herself and chasing her cousin Kudzi around the house. The first day was a reminder of just how patient you have to be in Africa, the power outage did nothing to spoil our family reunion . Now as soon as I figure out how to upload this video I'll be up and rolling.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! You all are in our thoughts often. I can only imagine how excited your family is to see you.

    ReplyDelete